Saturday, February 06, 2016

haiti horde azimuthal

 “The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, which means never losing your enthusiasm.” 


I know, I swore off squirrels but occasionally I get the bug back again.  So on we will go-  know though that I have quite an untouched file of them at the ready.  Just in case.


Life goes on here in our own version of assisted living-  last night was our monthly Trivia game where I was the only one at the table who knew what miso is.  I'm good with food questions, but we didn't win any cash.  This for some weird reason is the biggest thing they do here, and they had almost 300 people turn out, more than any other activity ever.  'Play for Pink' is the next thing with all the sports teams competing- they raise unbelievable amounts of money, a good thing.  Tomorrow we have another Symphony to get to-this time it's the Buffalo Philharmonic so of course could  miss that, fortunately in mid afternoon so as not to interfere with the Super Bowl at 6:30.  Since I won't have time tomorrow I made the Buffalo wings, original recipe style, today and stuck 'em in the refrigerator.  I'll have time to change my shoes, slop some Blue Cheese in a bowl, and race back out again.  And on Monday a whole new list of things I must doodley doo starting with our Illegal Dog Park for puffy white dogs and a few golden doodlishes.  They have their dog park time on the golf course- one of the other participants sent me pictures of Molly wearing her WalMart tee shirt:  They are all sitting pretty begging for treats-  meet Gus and Triscuit and Molly in her shirt, pissed because she went into a quick sit but had to wait for the others to sit for a cookie.  She doesn't suffer fools lightly.  

Busy week ahead, TY is in a tournament and there's a dinner Wednesday night, afterwards 12 couples are headed back to Palm Beach to see a Detroit sound show.  Because we're gone all day and night I stuck the pups into the kennel for the night.  


Whew, finally I am getting to the point here with some embroidery for you-


Hey look, it's another squirrel!

.


 Chloe Giordano, a talented illustrator and embroiderer in Oxford, England, creates tiny embroidered animals that are full of texture and life.
What’s striking about her embroidered pieces, besides her painstaking attention to these animals’ rich colors, is their size. Most of these animals are not much larger than a thimble, which puts the amazing detail and color of her work into perspective.










Athens-based Fabulous Cat Papers offers a wide range of hand-made notebooks with embroidered Japanese paper covers featuring anatomical, floral, and geometric designs, all stitched by hand. What you see here is just a peek, see much more here.



No comments :