Sunday, August 31, 2014

buttons shuffled resident



“To escape criticism – do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.” – Elbert Hubbard

Packing Packing Packing.  This sucks.  But after tomorrow it will all be in the car and away we go.  I've copied down the addresses of where we're headed so the GPS lady will help out.  I had one last afternoon out with a friend to take advantage of the 20% off the already marked down stuff at a favorite haunt.  When I was checking out they asked me about my birthday and I got another % off on top of the 20% so I made out like a bandit.  I shoulda bought more but already I am into the next trip waiting for room to schlepp this stuff all back.  Very cool here, heavy rains expected momentarily- I am not exactly anxious to go from sweater weather to 90 degrees and humid but my AC works great in the studio so all will be well.




 Livio De Marchi is a Venetian sculptor who works loves wood so much that he made everything in his home out of it and I do mean everything from furniture to clothing!  He even made an amazing wooden car that actually works... as a car and a boat!








  For his latest body of work, artist Maskull Lasserre acquired a number of souvenir sculptures, the kind found in antique stores or craft fairs that have been mass-produced by anonymous artists, which he then used as a foundation for his own artwork. In a process he refers to as “re-carving,” Lasserre removed details from the artist’s original work to reveal intricate skeletal structures

And there ya go.  One more day of weekend, and then there *I* go!

Squirrel Earbuds, well, earBUD.  The other earBUD is an acorn!  Yeah, I want these too.

No comments :