Monday, April 21, 2014

cagers thrusting backwards



The discipline of creation is a mixture of surrender and initiative.   Shaun McNiff


By the clock the little family is on the plane on their way back home.  I think they had a good time as we just sat around admiring their offspring.  I do have to say he is the most agreeable passive happy baby I've ever seen.  No drama with this little one, and I really enjoyed carrying him around and playing with him.  

But TODAY I am able to get back to the studio!  Right after I finish doing laundry and cleaning out the refrigerator and deal with the roofer here making the dogs crazy.  But I'm on my own again.




Using models and materials originally built for the backdrop of model train sets, artist Thomas Doyle  creates miniature dioramas with huge implications. Quaint scenes from suburbia are smashed into smithereens, characters are caught mid-homicide, and the front lines of military conflicts weave through mountains of consumer detritus





The Isolator is a bizarre helmet invented in 1925 that encourages focus and concentration by rendering the wearer deaf, piping them full of oxygen, and limiting their vision to a tiny horizontal slit. The Isolator was invented by Hugo Gernsback, editor of Science and Invention magazine, member of “The American Physical Society,” and one of the pioneers of science fiction.



Peep S'Mores-  a way to use up the last of your lingering Peeps.  Either this or microwave 'em and watch through the glass...



And finally a squirrel to end today's informational bulletin.

No comments :